Name of song in video
Raw Curiosity
2005-04-06 01:26:30 UTC
I'm trying to find an Emmylou song, probably from the 90s. The only
information I have is that she did a music video for it, and it was
highlighted on VH1 during their show of the "100 Greatest Women in
Rock".

The video shows Emmylou playing a guitar, standing up on a porch. I'm
not sure if this helps, but I really liked the song and I haven't
heard enough of it to find out what it is. Thanks in advance for any
information.
Raw Curiosity
rose
2005-05-16 22:52:15 UTC
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:26:30 GMT, Raw Curiosity
Post by Raw Curiosity
I'm trying to find an Emmylou song, probably from the 90s. The only
information I have is that she did a music video for it, and it was
highlighted on VH1 during their show of the "100 Greatest Women in
Rock".
The video shows Emmylou playing a guitar, standing up on a porch. I'm
not sure if this helps, but I really liked the song and I haven't
heard enough of it to find out what it is. Thanks in advance for any
information.
Raw Curiosity
I know it's a bit late to respond, but that sounds like the vid to
"High Powered Love."

Peace,

Rose

Road Dawg
2005-05-29 00:01:41 UTC
it may have been crescent city.
Ken West
2005-06-16 19:31:09 UTC
Post by Raw Curiosity
I'm trying to find an Emmylou song, probably from the 90s. The only
information I have is that she did a music video for it, and it was
highlighted on VH1 during their show of the "100 Greatest Women in
Rock".
The video shows Emmylou playing a guitar, standing up on a porch. I'm
not sure if this helps, but I really liked the song and I haven't
heard enough of it to find out what it is. Thanks in advance for any
information.
Raw Curiosity
I know it's a bit late to respond, but that sounds like the vid to
"High Powered Love."
Peace,
Rose
I'll vote for Crescent City, and that was the video that got me going with ELH.

Ken West

. . . take rides in open cars, my brother knows where the best bars are . . .
Joe H. Takacs
2005-07-08 02:07:14 UTC
Yeah, that was Crescent City (by Lucinda Williams). But I do love High-Powered
Love and Thanks To You, too. Wow.

Lucinda's new DVD "Live From Austin" is great too. It's a late 90's Austin City
Limits, but very good. The label is New West Records... or is it Lost Highway?
Ken West
2005-07-09 00:00:27 UTC
Hi Joe -- I wasn't sure if you were around -- nice to know you're still posting.

(But "standing up on a porch" is *clearly* Crescent City.)

Ken West
--
u200312
Facts then, cannot come into existence,
Toynbee.
Michael Merandino
2005-07-20 07:08:41 UTC
Emmy did a video way back (80's?) of a Rodney Crowell song too, I
believe. Anyone remember the name of that song?
Just saw Lucinda in Boston on July 12. Awesome! Here's a link
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=93621