How Dissapointing
Cullinane
2004-09-08 15:19:27 UTC
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.
Don Leighty
2004-09-09 14:25:05 UTC
Post by Cullinane
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.
No, we'll all be punished if Bush is re-elected.

Funny how you never hear anyone threatening to punish Bush supporters
after Kerry comes to power in November. These kind of threats seem to
spring so easily to the lips of the political Right.

I realize it's a stretch, but you just might try asking yourself
whether opposing the ineptitude, lies, stupidity, and totalitarian
leanings of a hate-filled, right-wing cabal might not just be
pro-American? I fear we are returning to the days of Joe McCarthy and
his similarly-inclined "if you don't support my abuses, you are an
enemy of the state" mentality.

Oh well, no use wasting my breath on an obvious troll. No fan of
Emmylou's music would even consider tossing out her records with such
a lame excuse.

It's been a miserable four years. I don't know how anyone could hope
for four more of the same.

Don Leighty
"Turn me on, Redmond. Turn me on, Redmond."
Cullinane
2004-09-10 00:28:28 UTC
Post by Don Leighty
Post by Cullinane
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.
No, we'll all be punished if Bush is re-elected.
Liberals, yes.
Post by Don Leighty
Funny how you never hear anyone threatening to punish Bush supporters
after Kerry comes to power in November. These kind of threats seem to
spring so easily to the lips of the political Right.
Bush being re-elected is punishment enough for the left. Many will be
so despondent, I'm sure they'll kill themselves.
Trust me on this.
Post by Don Leighty
I realize it's a stretch, but you just might try asking yourself
whether opposing the ineptitude, lies, stupidity, and totalitarian
leanings of a hate-filled, right-wing cabal might not just be
pro-American? I fear we are returning to the days of Joe McCarthy and
his similarly-inclined "if you don't support my abuses, you are an
enemy of the state" mentality.
Read up on some history. McCarthy, while a little bit exuberant, was
100% correct. Look up 'Verona Cables'.
Post by Don Leighty
Oh well, no use wasting my breath on an obvious troll. No fan of
Emmylou's music would even consider tossing out her records with such
a lame excuse.
I don't troll.
Post by Don Leighty
It's been a miserable four years. I don't know how anyone could hope
for four more of the same.
There's a war on. Of course it's not the happiest 4 years. Kerry
would consult with the French and the UN before defending this
country. You don't wait until you're attacked by terrorists. You
strike first at them. Bush Doctrine.
XSweetSue
2004-09-10 03:27:32 UTC
There's a war on. Of course it's not the happiest 4 years. Kerry
would consult with the French and the UN before defending this
country. You don't wait until you're attacked by terrorists. You
strike first at them. Bush Doctrine.

..well thats not *quite* how Bushes Iraq problem evolved....but you bushbots
will believe anything, as long as it's passed thru the lips of a republiklan
Red Cloud
2004-09-14 06:31:18 UTC
Post by Cullinane
There's a war on. Of course it's not the happiest 4 years. Kerry
would consult with the French and the UN before defending this
country. You don't wait until you're attacked by terrorists. You
strike first at them. Bush Doctrine.
..well thats not *quite* how Bushes Iraq problem evolved....but you bushbots
will believe anything, as long as it's passed thru the lips of a republiklan
A right-wing Christian republicKlan came out to protest against anti-Bush
supporter in my city. I did not know my city has a memmber of white racist
KKK republiKlan. They spited out racist slurs against minority.
This people is oviously jacked up by Bush-Right Christian doctrince which
obviously hided in the name of American freedom and democracy. This thing
never happened before. Now it's gettting worst. Bush is starter a American
Neo-Nazi.
Cullinane
Godwin.
Don Leighty
2004-09-11 01:41:56 UTC
Post by Cullinane
Post by Don Leighty
Funny how you never hear anyone threatening to punish Bush supporters
after Kerry comes to power in November. These kind of threats seem to
spring so easily to the lips of the political Right.
Bush being re-elected is punishment enough for the left. Many will be
so despondent, I'm sure they'll kill themselves.
Trust me on this.
Oh, we'll just kill ourselves in frustration, eh? How convenient.

Someone is liable to get killed, that's the truth. The level of
resentment and hate that's being created by self-serving politicians
in this country is going to lead to tragedy. Trust *me* on this.
Just who will get killed isn't easy to foresee.

Now that we're all free to load up on assault weapons and stockpile
ammunition to our heart's content, I predict that this country could
soon resemble Eastern Europe or the Middle East, with private militias
out to settle their stupid idealogical grudges at the point of a gun.
All that's needed yet are a few more Ayatollahs to tell us who to
"punish".
Post by Cullinane
Post by Don Leighty
I realize it's a stretch, but you just might try asking yourself
whether opposing the ineptitude, lies, stupidity, and totalitarian
leanings of a hate-filled, right-wing cabal might not just be
pro-American? I fear we are returning to the days of Joe McCarthy and
his similarly-inclined "if you don't support my abuses, you are an
enemy of the state" mentality.
Read up on some history. McCarthy, while a little bit exuberant, was
100% correct. Look up 'Verona Cables'.
Yeah, I've heard skinheads saying the same thing about you-know-who.
If he just hadn't been a little too exuberant.
Post by Cullinane
Post by Don Leighty
It's been a miserable four years. I don't know how anyone could hope
for four more of the same.
There's a war on. Of course it's not the happiest 4 years. Kerry
would consult with the French and the UN before defending this
country. You don't wait until you're attacked by terrorists. You
strike first at them. Bush Doctrine.
And Bush *didn't* twiddle his thumbs and daydream, ignoring the Middle
East situation *until* we were attacked on September 11? Clinton at
least made an effort.

The war's the best thing that ever happened to Bush, Cheney, et al.
It's provided them with the perfect smoke screen to savage civil
liberties, break treaties, and stuff their pockets at the public
trough. Totalitarians need each other to justify maintaining a state
of forever war. I don't see this one ending *until* we get rid of the
fascist wannabees in Washington (as well as the terrorists abroad).

kjeffus
2004-09-13 04:50:59 UTC
and all of this fol-der-ol has exactly what to do with the purpose of this
group?
Don Leighty
2004-09-13 14:37:10 UTC
Post by kjeffus
and all of this fol-der-ol has exactly what to do with the purpose of this
group?
Well, it started out as an attack on Emmylou for her political support
of Kerry. Please feel free to start your own thread if you have
something else to discuss.

kjeffus
2004-09-16 02:11:07 UTC
Tom whatsizface must be laughing his ass off.

XSweetSue
2004-09-10 03:24:27 UTC
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.

you mean " re-selected" ? IMHO anyone who votes for him should have their
heads examined.
Red Cloud
2004-09-14 06:33:45 UTC
Post by Cullinane
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.
you mean " re-selected" ? IMHO anyone who votes for him should have their
heads examined.
You support Nazism right. YOu love nazism. You supporter fascist
Bush republiklan society.
Cullinane
Godwin.
Red Cloud
2004-09-14 06:18:36 UTC
Post by Cullinane
She joins the anti-American Hollywood crowd and other
politically-inept singer celebrities like Springsteen in the hatred
for Bush. What a shame. Loved her music for years, but it's time to
throw out all of her albums, tapes, cassettes, etc.
She, like all the rest, will be appropriately punished this November
as Bush is re-elected.
You got the wrong word to attack Emmylou Harris. How dare you attack
her as Anti-American! She is anti-Bush. She is not anti-American, OK.
This kind of simply mind stereotype what creates so much anger is this
country. People like you are truly anti-American and anti-freedom of
speech and anti-freedom of express. You are truly a supporter an Nazism.
Cullinane
Godwin.
Don Leighty
2004-09-14 20:13:13 UTC
Post by Cullinane
Godwin.
Actually, when you're talking about secret military trials,
warrant-less searches, suppression of dissent, and other recent
Republican (and I hate to use the term, as the Bush cabal does not in
the least resemble the conservative creed I grew up with) tactics, it
seems entirely appropriate to raise the spectre of Nazi-ism. It's
hard to avoid it, in fact.